BITS BOOT CAMP
Summer 2018 Applications Are Open Until August 3, 2018
"Do. Or do not. There is no try."
If you have a tested idea, product, or service, but have little experience in planning or operating a small business, we might be able to help you. BITS Boot Camp helps qualified, emerging entrepreneurs develop their idea into an actionable plan and access start-up financing.
Are you the right fit?
Priority for the BITS Boot Camp is given to under-unemployed and low-income applicants age 34 and under from the City of Toronto's Neighborhood Improvement Areas. Applicants are assessed both on their personal and business profiles, including; current business size, stage, and viability, as well as your personal character, income, and employment status.
What the BITS Boot Camp offers:
- 8 interactive 3-hour group sessions including a pitch presentation to a panel of business experts
- Individual, hands-on support from a designated business peer mentor
- Essential business concepts and skills development
- Guest speakers and networking opportunities
What you'll get out of it:
- Refined business plan
- New business skills, knowledge and connections
- Graduation certificate upon successful completion
- Access to BITS Bucks Micro Finance Program for up to $5,000 in start-up financing, and additional business supports