BITS Boot Camp
If you have a tested idea, product or service, but have little experience in planning or operating a small business, we might be able to help you. BITS Boot Camp helps qualified, emerging entrepreneurs develop their idea into an actionable plan and access start-up financing.
Are you the right fit?
Priority for the BITS Boot Camp is given to under-, unemployed and low-income applicants under 34 from the City of Toronto's Neighborhood Improvement Areas. Applicants are assessed both on their personal and business profiles, including; current business size, stage and viability, as well as your personal character, income and employment status.
What the BITS Boot Camp offers:
- 8 interactive 3-hour group sessions including a pitch presentation to a panel of business experts
- Individual, hands-on support from a designated business peer mentor
- Essential business concepts and skills development
- Guest speakers and networking opportunities
What you'll get out of it:
- Refined business plan
- New skills, knowledge and connections
- Graduation certificate upon successful completion
- Access to BITS Bucks Micro Finance Program for up to $5,000 in start-up financing and additional business supports.