Youth Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
YCEO will take place over 7 consecutive Saturdays,
running from 10:30AM to 1:30PM beginning March 24 to May 5.
"It's not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen."
—Scott Belsky, Co-Founder of Behance
YCEO introduces youth to entrepreneurship and what it takes to start a business. All you need is an awesome business idea that's kicking around in your head and the passion for trying something different. You’re the perfect candidate if you meet the following criteria:
- 16-34 years old and live in the Greater Toronto Area
- Passionate about your own original business idea
- Interested in being your own boss and curious about what it takes
- Additional criteria may apply
Note: preference will be given to those applicants who are referred by BITS Community Partners, and those who can demonstrate limited or no access to education, training or employment.
What the program offers
- 8 interactive 3-hour weekly sessions
- 1 "in-the-streets" walkthroughs and a pitch presentation to a panel of judges
- Business and employment skills development
- Peer mentorship, exposure to local business owners, expert guest speakers
What you'll get out of it
- An increased level of self-confidence, new business skills, and invaluable knowledge
- An understanding of how to turn your idea into reality
- Graduation certificate upon successful completion
- Chance to win a $500 business grant
- Opportunity to receive up to $1,000 for professional development
- Access to our next level Boot Camp program